If the test is authorized in another country, why not in Canada?
Fast-tracking an application
Why are certain tests recalled after they have been authorized?
How do we ensure a screening test is authorized in Canada?
For professional support, we’re here.
- Health Canada, “Applications for medical devices under the Interim Order for use in relation to COVID-19: Guidance document,” March 27, 2020 (August 28, 2020 update), https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/drug-products/announcements/interim-order-importation-sale-medical-devices-covid-19/guidance-medical-device-applications.html (accessed on February 9, 2021).
- Health Canada, “Interim order respecting the importation and sale of medical devices for use in relation to COVID-19,” March 18, 2020, https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/drug-products/announcements/interim-order-importation-sale-medical-devices-covid-19.html (accessed on February 9, 2021).
- Holmes E., “Initial genome release of novel coronavirus 2020,” January 14, 2020, http://virological.org/t/initial-genome-release-of-novel-coronavirus/319 (accessed on February 9, 2021).
- Stéphanie Marin, “Un test rapide et portatif de dépistage approuvé par Santé Canada,” La Presse [Montreal], April 13, 2020, https://www.lapresse.ca/covid-19/2020-04-13/un-test-rapide-et-portatif-de-depistage-approuve-par-sante-canada (accessed on February 9, 2021).
- Health Canada, “Authorized medical devices for uses related to COVID-19: List of authorized testing devices,” https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/covid19-industry/medical-devices/authorized/list.html (accessed on February 9, 2021).
Are you familiar with bedside testing devices, also known as point-of-care testing (POCT)?
Raymond Lepage, PhD, Doctor in Biochemistry
Allergy, cold, flu, asthma or COVID-19?
Authorities fear a second wave of COVID-19. Avoid confusing it with a cold or the flu and find out about our screening services.