The stress response
Stress and gastrointestinal health
Inflammatory bowel diseases
Irritable bowel syndrome
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
How to protect the intestines from the effects of stress
For professional support, we’re here.
- Selye H., Le stress de la vie, Paris, Gallimard, 1962
- Canadian Society of Intestinal Research, “Stress and Your Gut.” https://badgut.org/information-centre/a-z-digestive-topics/stress-and-your-gut/. Consulted October 8, 2020.
- Mawdsley J.E. and D.S. Rampton, “Psychological stress in IBD: New insights into pathogenic and therapeutic implications,” Gut, 2005, 54, p. 1481-1491
- Goucerol, G., “Stress et syndrome de l’intestin irritable.” https://www.edimark.fr/Front/frontpost/getfiles/23080.pdf. Consulted October 8, 2020.
- Choi J.M., J.I. Yang, S. J. Kang et al., “Association Between Anxiety and Depression and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: Results From a Large Cross-sectional Study,” J Neurogastroenterol Motil, Oct. 2018, 24(4), p. 593-602
- Deding U., L. Ejlskov, M.P.K. Grabas et al., “Perceived stress as a risk factor for peptic ulcers: a register-based cohort study,” BMC Gastroenterol, 2016; 16, p. 140. Published online on November 28, 2016. Consulted October 8, 2020.
- Health Canada, “How Can I Deal most Effectively with Stress?”https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/chronic-diseases/mental-illness/deal-most-effectively-stress.html. Consulted October 8, 2020.
- Mayo Clinic, “Anxiety disorders.” https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/anxiety/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20350967. Consulted October 8, 2020.
What types of water should be used in your continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) device?
Demineralized water and distilled water are the only types of water recommended for CPAP devices. Check out the differences between the various types of water.
How to clean your sleep apnea (CPAP) machine, mask and accessories?
Here’s how to clean your sleep apnea machine and mask to extend their life and maximize the efficacy of your CPAP treatment.
Why is it important to use a Health Canada-approved test for COVID-19?
Health Canada assesses a variety of criteria before approving a screening test. They monitor the criteria and may remove an inaccurate test from the market.