Why does smartphone screen exposure negatively impact my sleep?
How can I mitigate the effects of screen exposure on sleep?
- Cain, Neralie, and Michael Gradisar. “Electronic Media Use and Sleep in School-Aged Children and Adolescents: A Review.” Sleep Medicine 11, no. 8 (2010): 735–42. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sleep.2010.02.006.
- Hale, Lauren, and Stanford Guan. “Screen Time and Sleep among School-Aged Children and Adolescents: A Systematic Literature Review.” Sleep Medicine Reviews 21 (2015): 50–58. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.smrv.2014.07.007.
- Liu, Shuai, Yun Kwok Wing, Yanli Hao, Weixia Li, Jihui Zhang, and Bin Zhang. “The Associations of Long-Time Mobile Phone Use with Sleep Disturbances and Mental Distress in Technical College Students: a Prospective Cohort Study.” Sleep 42, no. 2 (March 2018). https://doi.org/10.1093/sleep/zsy213.
- “NETendances 2018 - La Mobilité Au Québec.” CEFRIO. Accessed November 2019. https://cefrio.qc.ca/fr/enquetes-et-donnees/netendances2018-mobilite-au-quebec/.
- Foerster, Milena, Andrea Henneke, Shala Chetty-Mhlanga, and Martin Röösli. “Impact of Adolescents’ Screen Time and Nocturnal Mobile Phone-Related Awakenings on Sleep and General Health Symptoms: A Prospective Cohort Study.” International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 16, no. 3 (December 2019): 518. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph16030518.
- Harvard Health Publishing. “Blue Light Has a Dark Side.” Harvard Health. Accessed November 2019. https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/blue-light-has-a-dark-side.
- Burkhart, Kimberly, and James R Phelps. “Amber Lenses to Block Blue Light and Improve Sleep: a Randomized Trial.” Chronobiology international. U.S. National Library of Medicine, December 2009. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20030543.
- Lely, Stéphanie van der, Silvia Frey, Corrado Garbazza, Anna Wirz-Justice, Oskar G. Jenni, Roland Steiner, Stefan Wolf, Christian Cajochen, Vivien Bromundt, and Christina Schmidt. “Blue Blocker Glasses as a Countermeasure for Alerting Effects of Evening Light-Emitting Diode Screen Exposure in Male Teenagers.” Journal of Adolescent Health. Elsevier, October 3, 2014. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1054139X14003243.
Is detoxifying the kidneys really necessary?
Detox diets do not eliminate toxins. Instead, choose healthy foods and drink enough water.
What to eat in the evening to sleep well
A good night’s sleep starts with a well thought-out supper and late-evening snack. Here are five dietary tips to help you sleep better.
What types of water should be used in your continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) device?
Demineralized water and distilled water are the only types of water recommended for CPAP devices. Check out the differences between the various types of water.
How to clean your sleep apnea (CPAP) machine, mask and accessories?
Here’s how to clean your sleep apnea machine and mask to extend their life and maximize the efficacy of your CPAP treatment.