How connected are we?
How does internet addiction affect the body?
Are you addicted?
- Canadian Internet Registration Authority, “Canada's Internet Factbook 2019.” https://cira.ca/resources/corporate/factbook/canadas-internet-factbook-2019 (accessed December 5, 2019).
- Wahl, S., Engelhardt, M., Schaupp, P., Lappe, C., Ivanov, I. V. “The inner clock—Blue light sets the human rhythm.” Journal of Biophotonics, August 21, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1002/jbio.201900102 (accessed December 5, 2019).
- Kenney, E.L., Gortmaker, S.L. “United States Adolescents’ Television, Computer, Videogame, Smartphone, and Tablet Use: Associations with Sugary Drinks, Sleep, Physical Activity, and Obesity.” Journal of Pediatrics, March 2017, Vol. 182: pp.144-149. doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2016.11.015 (accessed December 5, 2019).
- Yoon, S., Kleinman, M., Mertz, J., Brannick, M. “Is social network site usage related to depression? A meta-analysis of Facebook-depression relations.” Journal of Affective Disorders April 2019, Vol. 248, pp. 65-72. doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2019.01.026 (accessed December 5, 2019).
- Galica, V.L., Vannucci, A., Flannery, K.M., Ohannessian, C.M. “Social Media Use and Conduct Problems in Emerging Adults.” Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, July 2017, Vol 20(7), pp. 448-452. doi.org/10.1089/cyber.2017.0068 (accessed December 5, 2019).
Dr. Johanne Lévesque
Guest specialist – Neuropsychologist, biofeedback and neurofeedback practitioner
Dr. Johanne Lévesque, neuropsychologist, introduced neurofeedback to Québec in 2002 with the support of the Lucie and André Chagnon Foundation as part of a post-doctoral research project conducted at the Centre hospitalier universitaire Sainte-Justine Research Centre. This project earned her an international Foundation for Neurofeedback and Applied Neuroscience award for significant advances in the field of neuromodulation. In collaboration with members of her training team, she received this award again in 2014. She now works exclusively in her clinics, Neurodezign.
How to make blood sampling less stressful?
Blood test coming up? Here are a few tips to make the collection easier, such as staying hydrated, eating a balanced meal and, above all, being able to relax.
Demystifying prostate cancer to improve outcomes
Dr Nicolas Tétreault, Clinical Biochemist, Ph.D., FCACB, CSPQ