How connected are we?
How does internet addiction affect the body?
Are you addicted?
- Canadian Internet Registration Authority, “Canada's Internet Factbook 2019.” https://cira.ca/resources/corporate/factbook/canadas-internet-factbook-2019 (accessed December 5, 2019).
- Wahl, S., Engelhardt, M., Schaupp, P., Lappe, C., Ivanov, I. V. “The inner clock—Blue light sets the human rhythm.” Journal of Biophotonics, August 21, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1002/jbio.201900102 (accessed December 5, 2019).
- Kenney, E.L., Gortmaker, S.L. “United States Adolescents’ Television, Computer, Videogame, Smartphone, and Tablet Use: Associations with Sugary Drinks, Sleep, Physical Activity, and Obesity.” Journal of Pediatrics, March 2017, Vol. 182: pp.144-149. doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2016.11.015 (accessed December 5, 2019).
- Yoon, S., Kleinman, M., Mertz, J., Brannick, M. “Is social network site usage related to depression? A meta-analysis of Facebook-depression relations.” Journal of Affective Disorders April 2019, Vol. 248, pp. 65-72. doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2019.01.026 (accessed December 5, 2019).
- Galica, V.L., Vannucci, A., Flannery, K.M., Ohannessian, C.M. “Social Media Use and Conduct Problems in Emerging Adults.” Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, July 2017, Vol 20(7), pp. 448-452. doi.org/10.1089/cyber.2017.0068 (accessed December 5, 2019).
How to make blood sampling less stressful?
Blood test coming up? Here are a few tips to make the collection easier, such as staying hydrated, eating a balanced meal and, above all, being able to relax.
Demystifying prostate cancer to improve outcomes
Dr Nicolas Tétreault, Clinical Biochemist, Ph.D., CSPQ, FCACB
Is detoxifying the kidneys really necessary?
Detox diets do not eliminate toxins. Instead, choose healthy foods and drink enough water.
Dr. Johanne Lévesque
Guest specialist - Neuropsychologist, biofeedback and neurofeedback practitioner