How to avoid drowsiness
- Get enough sleep before taking a long trip.
- Plan to drive when your body is most alert (avoid driving between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. and between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m.).
- Take breaks at least every two hours to relax and move around.
- Eat light and do not drink alcohol.
- If you have sleep apnea, wear your device every night and make sure to consult your health care professional if your drowsiness returns.
How to recognize and prevent drowsy driving
To avoid accidents, it’s important to recognize the symptoms of drowsiness while driving and to stop when they occur.