Respiratory multiplex PCR
In addition to detecting the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus (COVID-19), this molecular test rapidly identifies the presence of influenza A/B and the respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) as well as 18 other common pathogens causing respiratory diseases. This polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test looks for the genetic material of a total of 22 viruses and bacteria (including SARS-CoV-2) in a sample of secretions from the nose and throat (oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal swab).
- Test approved by government authorities
- Costs reimbursed by most insurers
- Biron will make every effort to issue results within 24 business hours.
- Only one sample required
- Regular service centers: The respiratory multiplex PCR is offered to symptom-free individuals in Biron's regular service centers network.
- Winter clinics: The respiratory multiplex PCR is offered to individuals with COVID-19-like symptoms or who have had close contact with a person infected with COVID-19 in Biron's winter clinic network. Learn more
Which pathogens are detected by the respiratory multiplex PCR?
|Influenza A, A/H1, A/H1-2009, A/H3 and B|
|Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)|
|Coronavirus 229E, HKU1, OC43 and NL63|
|Parainfluenza 1, 2, 3 & 4|
What forms do the results of the respiratory multiplex PCR take?
A positive result to SARS-CoV-2 indicates that SARS-CoV-2 RNA has been detected and that you are considered to be infected with COVID-19 and presumed to be contagious.
A positive result to another common respiratory pathogen indicates that your symptoms may be caused by that pathogen.
A negative result means that neither the genetic material of SARS-CoV-2 nor the genetic material of the other common pathogens was present in your sample. You are not infected with the virus that causes COVID-19.
Do you require a medical certificate and/or a negative test result attestation for the respiratory multiplex PCR?
- Attestation of Negative Test Result : Request it when you arrive at the service center for your test. Book an appointment: Online or 1 833 590-2712.
- Medical certificate * : Obtain a medical certificate following a telemedicine appointment with a physician affiliated with Biron. To do so, contact Biron Corporate Health at 1 833 590-2716 or fill out a callback request.
*Charges may apply
Find the right COVID-19 test for your situation
For more information
If you have any questions or would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact Biron's customer service at 1 833 590-2712.
MyBiron: Access your test results online
Biron helps you take charge of your health. Consult your laboratory test results online easily and securely and discover their meaning.
Accessible on all types of devices, safe, free and easy to use, MyBiron allows you to prepare for your visit to the doctor.
*Some results may be sent exclusively to the requesting physician.