Business Productivity: A Few Facts to Remember
- Fatigue, insomnia and depression are the most important factors affecting your employees’ work performance.
- Four lifestyle factors – obesity, physical inactivity, poor nutrition and substance abuse (e.g.: tobacco, alcohol) – increase the absenteeism rate by 50%.
- The cost of lost productivity due to employees suffering from a chronic health condition, whether physical or mental, is almost 400% higher than the medical costs of treating the disease itself.
- A survey conducted in December 2014 by the risk management company Morneau Shepell with 442 Canadian human resources professionals revealed that 43% of respondents mentioned employee engagement is the main challenge to higher productivity and one out of five employees (22%) cited leadership.
1. Watson Wyatt, Staying At Work! Watson Wyatt, 2000.
2. Watson Wyatt, Staying At Work! Watson Wyatt, 2000.