Detecting the warning signs of ADHD
A wide variety of symptoms
The first signs can be observed before the age of 12, and sometimes as early as three years old. These symptoms are divided into three sub-types :
The importance of diagnosis
How is ADHD treated?
Drugs are no longer the knee-jerk solution
For professional support, we’re here for you.
- Faraone, S.V., Biederman J. and Mick E. (2006). “The age-dependent decline of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a meta-analysis of follow-up studies.” Psychological Medicine,. 36(2): p. 159-165.
- Wilens, T.E., Faraone, S.V., and Biederman J.(2004). “Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in adults.” JAMA, 292(5): p. 619-23.
- CHU Sainte-Justine. (February 8, 2018). “Les signes précurseurs – Troubles déficitaire de l’attention avec ou sans hyperactivité.” https://www.chusj.org/fr/soins-services/T/Trouble-de-l-attention/Caracteristiques-et-signes/Signes (in French)
- Mayo Clinic (June 25, 2019). “Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children.” https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/adhd/symptoms-causes/syc-20350889
- Could it be ADHD? (s. d.). “What you should know about adult ADHD.” https://www.coulditbeadhd.ca/adultADHD101
- Caring for Kids. (May 2019). “Medications for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.” https://www.caringforkids.cps.ca/handouts/behavior-and-development/medications-for-attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder
After completing a genetic test (genetic assay, genetic analysis), I’ll know everything about my health!
Myth! It is true that a number of diseases have a genetic root, but for many, there are external factors that determine whether these diseases manifest or not.
What is the validity period of a genetic test?
The sequence of genomic DNA does not change over the course of your life.
My genetic test was negative, so I'm not at risk of getting the disease for which I’ve been tested
Myth! It is estimated that humans have 20,000 different genes. To date, we can offer clinical genetic testing (genetic assay, genetic analysis) for about 6,000 of them. It is therefore not possible [...]
Michel Cameron, PhD