Allergens that vary according to the time of year
Recognizing allergy symptoms
In addition, cognitive function can sometimes be greatly affected (irritability, fatigue and sleep disturbance), which affects the quality of life of those affected . Asthmatics should pay particular attention, as uncontrolled seasonal rhinitis may exacerbate their condition.
Ten tips to reduce exposure to allergenic pollens
The various treatment options
Getting ready to enjoy the summer
For professional support, we’re here.
- Isabelle Demers et Pierre Gosselin (April 2019). “At-a-glance – Pollens, climate and allergies: Quebec initiatives,” Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention in Canada: Research, Policy and Practice, Vol. 39, #4, https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/reports-publications/health-promotion-chronic-disease-prevention-canada-research-policy-practice/vol-39-no-4-2019/pollens-climate-allergies-quebec-initiatives.html.
- Institut national de santé publique du Québec. “Mon climat, ma santé,” http://www.monclimatmasante.qc.ca/pollens.aspx (accessed May 3, 2022).
- Government of Quebec. “Seasonal rhinitis (hay fever),” https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/seasonal-rhinitis-hay-fever/ (accessed May 3, 2022).
- Roxanne Labrosse (May 6, 2019). “Les allergies saisonnières et la désensibilisation aux aéroallergènes,” Association pulmonaire du Québec, https://pq.poumon.ca/les-allergies-saisonnieres-et-la-desensibilisation-aux-aeroallergenes/.
- J. Bousquet, N. Khaltaev, A.A. Cruz et al (April 2008). “Allergic Rhinitis and its Impact on Asthma (ARIA) 2008 update (in collaboration with the World Health Organization, GA(2)LEN and AllerGen),” Allergy, Vol. 63, Supp. 86, pp. 8-160, https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1398-9995.2007.01620.x.