What are fake meat products really?
Are these products healthier?
What are the other benefits and drawbacks?
What’s the future for fake meat?
- Harvard Health Publishing. “The Truth about Fats: the Good, the Bad, and the in-Between.” Harvard Health, December 11, 2019. https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-truth-about-fats-bad-and-good.
- LDN, Emily Gelsomin, MLA, RD. “Impossible and Beyond: How Healthy Are These Meatless Burgers?” Harvard Health Blog, August 15, 2019. https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/impossible-and-beyond-how-healthy-are-these-meatless-burgers-2019081517448.
- O’Connor, Anahad. “Fake Meat vs. Real Meat.” The New York Times, December 3, 2019, sec. Well. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/03/well/eat/fake-meat-vs-real-meat.html.
- Mulvany, Lydia, and Deena Shanker. “Why the ‘Bloody’ Impossible Burger Faces Another FDA Hurdle.” Bloomberg, December 26, 2018. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-26/why-the-bloody-impossible-burger-faces-another-fda-hurdle.
- Purdy, Chase. “No One Calls Plant-Based Meat What It Really Is: Ultra Processed.” Quartz. Accessed February 21, 2020. https://qz.com/1655309/beyond-meat-needs-to-communicate-how-it-makes-its-plant-based-burger/.
- Hu, Frank B., Brett O. Otis, and Gina McCarthy. “Can Plant-Based Meat Alternatives Be Part of a Healthy and Sustainable Diet?” JAMA 322, no. 16 (October 22, 2019): 1547. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2019.13187.
- Heller, Martin C., and Gregory A. Keoleian. “Beyond Meat’s Beyond Burger Life Cycle Assessment: A Detailed Comparison between a Plant-Based and an Animal-Based Protein Source .” CSS Report. Center for Sustainable Systems, University of Michigan, September 14, 2018. http://css.umich.edu/publication/beyond-meats-beyond-burger-life-cycle-assessment-detailed-comparison-between-plant-based.
Allergy, cold, flu, asthma or COVID-19?
Authorities fear a second wave of COVID-19. Avoid confusing it with a cold or the flu and find out about our screening services.
Three reasons to fast before a lab test
Although it’s rare to now require a patient to fast for a lab test, it can happen. Learn why fasting is sometimes necessary.
Am I overweight or obese?
Weight classifications are an important indicator of health risk. You can calculate yours by measuring your Body Mass Index (BMI) and waist circumference.