Is testosterone essential to virility and leadership?
The onset of andropause, when testosterone drops
Recognizing the symptoms
Recognizing and living with andropause
Establishing a diagnosis
The importance of noticing the changes
For professional support, we’re here.
We provide services that can help your doctor diagnose andropause and determine the most appropriate treatment.
- Total testosterone: Generally represents the biological activity of natural or medicinal testosterone at the tissue level
- SHBG: Helps interpret abnormal testosterone levels
- Bioavailable testosterone: Lowered bioavailable testosterone levels are consistent in men with primary hypogonadism or hypogonadism secondary to a pituitary deficiency.
- Free testosterone: Lowered free testosterone levels are consistent in men with primary hypogonadism or hypogonadism secondary to a pituitary deficiency.
- Bone densitometry: Measurement of bone density
Mayo Clinic. (June 20, 2020). Male menopause: Myth or reality? https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/mens-health/in-depth/male-menopause/art-20048056
Genecand-Le Temps, M.-P. (April 10, 2017). L’andropause, la vieillesse en pente douce. Le Devoir. https://www.ledevoir.com/societe/sante/495997/la-chute-hormonale-peut-aussi-affecter-les-hommes-de-facon-importante